This is ME.

This is ME.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Baby Names

When I was pregnant with Devin, Matt & I had discussed the name Emmalyn. I love that name. He never had a preference because we already knew we were having a boy.

Well, at the beginning of the pregnancy this time around, I suggested it again. We decided on Emmalyn Elizabeth for a girl, or Jackson Brian for a boy (Elizabeth is my mom's middle name; Brian is my brother's middle name). So, the day we found out, I automatically assumed we were going with Emmalyn Elizabeth. But, Matt & I decided that the name is quite a mouthful, and she's gotta learn to spell it one day, so maybe that's not the best choice. I hadn't told my mom the middle name choice yet, because I didn't want to be locked in to it (since it's her middle name, I assumed she'd be rooting for it). Well, my mother, being the teacher she is, also vetoed the name for the same reasons (ATTENTION, ATTENTION - mark this day on all of your calendars, because my mother & husband NEVER, EVER, EVER agree!!). 

So, we set out to find a new middle name. That's when my bestie, Melody, mentioned Emmalyn Grace. I FELL IN LOVE with the name!! Then , I realized a friend of mine from nursing school (who I still see and talk to, but our kids don't hang out) has a daughter named Aklynn Grace (she goes by Gracie). THEN Melody mentioned that another of our friends is thinking of using Sawyer Grace if she's having a girl (we find out at the first of January - yay!!). Being the paranoid preggo I am, I debated on the name, had long discussions with many different people about the name, if it was "acceptable" to use or if I'd be "stealing" it, etc.... I even went straight to the horse's mouth & asked Amanda (preggo friend) if it would make a difference to her [& I quote "I don't get my panties in a bunch over stupid stuff" - hahaha]. By the time I decided for myself that the name was indeed NOT off limits, I didn't want it any more!!

So Melody, being the inspiration/baby lover she is, mentioned Emmalyn Paige, which I ALSO fell in love with!! I checked with Matt, he's never dated a girl named Paige, has only known 1 Paige with whom he associates only good memories (from 1st grade, no less), and I don't believe I've ever had any problems with a girl by that name; therefore, the name is acceptable (lol, not like there's alot of criteria or anything)!!

But now, Matt isn't sure, simply because we haven't really talked about any other names. Funny thing is, every time I try to talk to him about names, he has no other opinions/interest!! 


So, I guess what I'm saying is, the name thing is still up in the air. But for now, I will refer to my growing belly as "Emmalyn Paige Morris", and we'll see if it sticks :)


(Her little foot!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Aw!! Yep, no crazy lady hormones over here! I like both Paige and Grace for middle names!

    ReplyDelete